NOLA 2014

NOLA 2014

Monday, March 30, 2015

Hello Animoto!

As I continue my journey towards Google Educator Certification, I've begun to explore Google Sites. How cool is Sites and why didn't I know about it last year when I bought starraustin.org?

I decided to play around with designing a class site before taking my Google Sites Exam.  I passed my first two and don't want to press my luck. I've had way more experience with Gmail and Calender.  Before creating my site, I wanted to check out other classroom sites and kept coming across teachers using Animoto. Another program I have never used. Yes, I must be living under a rock. I created a short video showing off my most recent trip to Jamaica, just for fun. It was super easy to use. I mean, it took me a whole 5 minutes, maybe. Easy to upload your pictures-right from facebook or instagram. I just used a ready-to-go template and song.

Just from this brief experience playing around with the program, I can really see how much fun my students could have with this! I'm going to have them create an Animoto video as a culminating project for the book we're currently reading The Mighty Miss Malone, by Christopher Paul Curtis. I'll post a link when they've finished it.  The possibilities are endless though. Imagine a math class creating a video on angles, where they have to take pictures of angles and share. Or a unit in science on habitats. I can already see that I will be using more of Animoto.


If you want to check out my Animoto, just click the link below.
Jamaica

*Hey, and you can change the music... Jamaica 2.0
https://animoto.com/play/9fWCjVrSmA2N2Z4ONU9bKw

No comments:

Post a Comment