NOLA 2014

NOLA 2014

Saturday, August 20, 2011

So I may not be Rachel freakin' Ray, but...

I think I'm getting close! I used to follow recipes step by step and never attempted to cook without one. This past year, as a stay at home mom in the middle of BFE, Texas, I have had more than enough time to play with my cooking skills. Last week I made a Kicked-Up version of Rice Krispie Treats trying to put a bit of added-health-value into the little chewy delights...and they turned out fabulously.
Thought I should share!

Kellogg's Rice Krispies Gluten Free Cereal--5 Cups
1 package of Marshmallows
3 Tablespoons of SmartBalance butter
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
1/4 Cup Flax

I then just followed the normal recipe.
1. Melt butter in saucepan on low, add marshmallows and stir until they melt.
2. Add all of the other ingredients and mix well.
3. Coat 13x9 pan with cooking spray and press Krispie Mix into pan with Wax paper.
4. Let cool, then cut into treats.

And let me just say YUMMO! These little treats, packed with added goodness, were devoured even by my picky little eater.

1 comment: